- God is the Creator, Sustainer, and Ruler of the universe.
Genesis 1:1-31; Psalm 33:6; 1 Chronicles 29:11
- God is one being who exists eternally in three persons: Father,
Son, and Holy Spirit. Genesis 1:26; Matthew 28:19;
2 Corinthians 13:14.
- God is the Father of Jesus Christ. Matthew 16:15-17.
- God is our Father and provides for all our needs.
Matthew 6:5-9, 31-34.
- God is all powerful, all-knowing, and is present everywhere.
He is both perfect and personal. Jeremiah 32:17;
ABOUT JESUS CHRIST
- Jesus Christ is the Son of God. John 3:16.
- Jesus came to show us what God is like.
John 1:14-18; 10:30; 14:7-9.
- Jesus came to give His life as the perfect sacrifice for the sins
of the world. John 1:29; 3:17.
- Jesus was resurrected from the dead, and is alive today and
forevermore. John 11:25-26; Revelation 1:18.
- Jesus is the King of Kings who is coming again. He will be
victorious over all evil. Philippians 2:9-11; Matthew 28:18.
- Jesus is the solution to man’s sin. He desires to be Savior and
Lord of our lives. Romans 6:23; 8:29.
ABOUT THE HOLY SPIRIT
- The Holy Spirit is the third person of the Godhead, co-equal
and co-etemal with the Father and the Son. Romans 8:9.
- The Holy Spirit is a person, not some impersonal force.
- The Holy Spirit is a Counselor and Comforter who lives within
the Christian. He teaches us the truth, helps us to live right.
John 14:26-27; 15:26; 16:7-8, 13-15.
- The Holy Spirit provides the power for us to be witnesses and
servants of Jesus. Acts 1:8: 1 Corinthians 12:7.
¬†ABOUT THE BIBLE
- The Bible is the inspired Word of God. 2 Peter 1:19-21.
- The Bible is our guide. It declares the truth about God,
proclaims what we should believe, and how we should
live. 2 Timothy 3:16-17.
- The Bible is for everyone to read so that all may hear God
speak to their hearts and minds. Psalm 1:1-3.
- The Bible’s goal is to present God’s plan to redeem man
through Jesus Christ. John 5:39; 1 Corinthians 15:3.
- The Bible is a book of blessing, and all Christians should
acquaint themselves with it. Psalm 119:97-104;
1 Peter 2:2-3.
- Man and Woman were created in God’s image.
Genesis 1:26-27; 2:7.
- Man was tempted by Satan and chose to rebel against God.
- Man’s tendency, because of his rebellion, is to do evil. On his
own, man cannot make himself good. Romans 3:10, 23
- Man can be made righteous and find forgiveness for his sins
only through Jesus Christ. John 14:6; Romans 5:6-11;
2 Corinthians 5:17.
- Man can have abundant life here, and an eternal life hereafter,
only by God’s grace through Jesus Christ. John 10:10;
ABOUT THE CHURCH
- The Church is the body of Jesus Christ. It includes every people
group who have accepted Jesus as Lord and Savior.
Romans 12:4-5; 1 Corinthians 12:12-13, 27.
- The Church has Jesus Christ as it’s head.
Ephesians 1:22-23; Colossians 1:17-18.
- The Church is the family of God. Galatians 6:10.
- The Church exists to celebrate the life of God, cultivate personal
growth in Christ, care about one another in Christ, and
communicate Christ to the world. Matthew 28:19-20;
Romans 12:10; Colossians 2:6-8.